2011 is drawing to a close and it feels like just the right time to give thanks to the folks who support our work. So, here’s just a few of some of those amazing friends-
- Our volunteers– Of course. 85-90% of client services are offered by volunteers, primarily trained Hotline Advocates but also by Spanish English interpreters. Volunteers help clients with DVPOs, offer resources and referrals, crisis counseling 24/7/365, facilitate primary prevention programming like Start Strong and much more. We would not be able to keep our doors open if it weren’t for them. Literally.
- Orange County Sheriff’s Office–where would we be without these generous folks?? They speak at our new Hotline Advocate volunteer training sessions, answer questions all day from our advocates for clients, help our clients understand the DVPO process, respond to 911 calls from clients who need help and so much more!
- PORCH – PORCH supplies several local food pantries (including our small one) with non-perishable food items which allows those organizations to pass that food on to families and individuals in need. PORCH gives us healthy staples like beans, applesauce, juice, cereal, pasta, tomato sauce, soup and more. We are so grateful for this partnership.
- The Women’s Center– We refer clients to the good folks at TWC for attorney consults, therapy referrals and financial literacy programs. They also do resources and referrals for clients in need. They facilitate primary prevention programming as well at the middle school level with their Teens Climb High program. Not our next door neighbor anymore but still close by when we need them!
- Our Twitter followers!- It may sound silly but these are the folks that help us spread the word about volunteer training, upcoming events, recent blog posts. They ReTweet our tweets, attend events, talk us up and like us on Facebook. What’s not to be grateful for? These folks are true allies and fans.
There are so many more that we could name (how do we thank all of UNC-Chapel Hill for example?!) but we’ll stop here for now. Whatever you do for us–donate a cell phone, read our blog, refer a client, etc. – we’re grateful. Thanks for your support. See you in 2012!