April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM). In order to bring awareness to the issue of sexual assault, Project Dinah, a student organization at UNC Chapel Hill that is devoted to safety and empowerment, is sponsoring a film showing of Killing Us Softly 4. Killing Us Softly 4 is a film about advertising’s image of women and explores the connection between advertising and public health issues, including violence against women, eating disorders, and addiction. The screening is taking place on March 28th at 7:00 p.m. in Bingham 317 on UNC’s campus. We hope you can attend!
- Hey y'all! Any hotline advocates available for the 1-5 shift this afternoon? Let us know! #volunteering 1 year ago
- New #interactive blogpost "Why Do They Stay?"looks at challenges DV victims face when leaving their relationships wp.me/pQZPX-OP 1 year ago
- RT @Fem2pt0: 97% of rapists will never spend a day in jail. #SAAM #fem2 1 year ago
- A must read! Thanks to @rebeccajmacy for this... #Domesticviolence is a #LGBT issue wapo.st/JWVPgl 1 year ago
- Last minute cancellation this afternoon. Any trained hotline advocates who could take a 1-5 shift (or even part of it) today? Let us know! 1 year ago